Duration : 06 days
Difficulty : Easy / Moderate
Start / Finish : Dhak/Auli
Nearest Town : Joshimath
Altitude : 12516 Feet.
Day 01: Assemble time & point will be 06:30 A.M at Haridwar Railway Station
Day 06: Drop off time and point will be 06:30 P.M. at Haridwar Railway Station
Among the several things that Lord Curzon did in India, the hands-down winner is exploration and popularising of a marquee trek route starting from Joshimath to Kuari Pass in the Garhwal Himalayas. At an altitude of 4264 meters, Kuari Top is like an amphitheatre where some of the stalwart peaks of Himalayas take stage. The 7000 meters club includes the Kamet (7756m),Trishul (7120m), Chaukhamba (7128m), and the great divine peak of Nanda Devi (7817m) and its twin Nanda Devi East (7434m). More peaks make an equally imposing appearance – Nanda Ghunti, Hathi Ghoda Parbat, Neelkanth, Dronagiri, Mukut Parbat, Mana, Rishi Pahad, and Changbang, to name a few. The Kuari Pass Trek gives you a chance to view this impressive skyline of these mighty mountains from close quarters
What is included in the tour
- All veg meals from Lunch on Day 2nd to Lunch on Day 5th
- 03 Nights Tented Accommodation on triple sharing basis.
- 02 Nights Guest House/Hotel in Joshimath on triple sharing basis.
- Morning, evening Tea/Coffee with light snack while on trek.
- All necessary fees and permits for Indians.
- Qualified and experienced Trek Leader and support staff
- Basic First Aid Medical Kits.
Note: Accommodation will be separate for Male and Female.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any Meals During Transit.
- Any Surface Transfer.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- All fees and permit for Non-Indian Residence.
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag.
- GST @ 5%
- Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.
- Cost Escalation due to "Force Majeure" and evacuation charges.
Backpack Offloading Cost:
If the payment made in advance through Paytm/online, then the charges for per bag will be Rs. 1300/- for the entire program. If the payment made in ground through cash, then the charges for per bag will be Rs. 1600/- for the entire program. The backpack cannot weight more than 10 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcase/ Strolley Bags will not be allowed.
Things To Carry
- Windproof jacket
- Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve
- Woolen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
- Woolen cap, Woolen gloves
- Woolen socks and regular socks (3-4 pairs)
- Scarf/muffler (optional)
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes
- Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Small light weight towel
- Sturdy Water bottle
- Cap / Hat
- Sun glasses
- Walking stick / Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Personal medications
- Personal toiletries
Day 01: Haridwar to Joshimath (6724 ft) (265km. Drive)
1. Drive to Joshimath 256 km
2. Haridwar to Rishikesh (best place for white water rafting) (trekking gear available on rent and purchase)
3. Rishikesh to Devprayag (confluence of Bhagirathi river and Alaknanda river)
4. Devprayag to Srinagar
5. Srinagar to Rudrapryag (confluence of Mandakini river and Alaknanda river)
6. Rudrapryag to Karnprayag (confluence of Pindar river and Alaknanda river)
7. Reach Joshimath by 5:30 pm (evening tea, briefing of the trek, dinner)
8. Accommodation in guest house
Day 02: Joshimath (6724 ft) – Chitrakhantha (9600 ft) (12km Drive, 6 km Trek)
1. Joshimath to Dhak village (6790 ft) (2163 mtr)(12 km drive)
2. Dhak village to Tugasi village (8040 ft) (3 km trek)
3. Tugasi village to Gulling village (8990 ft) (2 km trek)
4. Gulling village to lower Chitrakhantha camp site (9600 ft) (0.5 km Trek)
5. lunch at camp site
6. Accommodation in tent
7. Peaks :- Dronagri, Hathi Parvat, Gori Parvat
Day 03: Chitrakhantha (9600 ft) to Tali top (11070 ft) (4 km trek)
1. Chitrakhantha to forest hut (first and last water point) (9840 ft) (1 km trek)
2. Forest hut to Tali top (Tali lake is there, steep ascent ) (11480 ft) (2 km trek)
3. Tali top to Tali top forest camp site (gradual descent) (11070 ft) (3540 mtr) (1 km trek)
4. Oak, Rhododendron (mostly pink and white), walnut forest
5. Accommodation in tent
6. Peaks :- Nanda Devi, Kalanka, Chang bang, Dronagri, Hathi Parvat, Gori Parvat
Day 04: Tali top (11070 ft) - Kuari pass (12763 ft) - back to Tali top via Khullara top (11800 ft) (15 km trek)
1. Tali top to Khullara top (moderate ascent) (11800 ft) (3.5 km trek)
2. Khullara top to broken bridge with frozen stream (traverse walk) (12300 ft) (2.5 km trek)
3. broken bridge to kuari pass (Strenuous climb) (12763 ft) (1.5 km trek)
4. Today is the toughest day
5. Carry enough water (no water source on the way)
6. Early morning after breakfast start trek to Kuari pass
7. Peaks:- Kedarnath Peak, Kedardome, Chaukhambha, Balakun, Neel Kantha, Mukut Parvat, Kamet, Abhi Gamin, Mana I, Ghori Parvat, Hathi Parvat, Dronagiri, Kalanka, Chang Bang, Nanda Devi, Nanda Ghunti
Day 05: Tali top (11070 ft) - Joshimath (6724 ft) via Gurson bugyal (11150 ft) and Auli (9680 ft) (8 km trek) (13 km drive)
1. Tali top camp site to Tali lake (111480 ft) (1 km trek)
2. Tali lake to Gurson bugyal (11150 ft) (3.5 km trek)
3. Gurson bugyal to Auli (9680 ft) (3.5 km trek)
4. Auli to Joshimath (6724 ft) (13 km drive)
5. Breakfast at Tali camp site
6. Lunch Pack on the way
7. Joshimath (evening tea, debriefing, dinner)
Day 06: Joshimath to Haridwar
1. Early morning drive back to Haridwar
Depart for home...