About Chadar Trek:
The Chadar Trek or Zanskar frozen river trek is a winter trek in Zanskar Valley, Ladakh. The trek starts from Leh going through Shingra Koma, Tibb Cave, Naerak Camp concluding back in Leh. The 105 Km trek provides trekkers and hikers an amazing opportunity to trek on a frozen sheet of ice in subzero temperatures. The trek is operational during the months of January and February when the Zanskar river freezes into a solid sheet of ice.
Ladakh has various treks and beautiful camping locations. What sets Ladakh apart for travelers is the Chadar Trek which is quite challenging yet mesmerizing owing to its scenic beauty. That one glimpse of the topmost sections of the Himalayas would certainly awe an individual because of its breathtaking view.
The temperature during the trek varies from around -5 to -20 degrees celsius and the trekkers would occasionally face steep rocks along with facing treacherous sections of the Zanskar River. While this trek would offer a lot of difficult challenges, to the maximum point of questioning oneself, one would find all the answers once you observe and become a part of the Mighty Himalayas. And trust us, it would certainly be a life-changing experience.
What is included in the tour
- Expert mountaineering guide
- Skilled local staff who has ample knowledge of the route.
- Transportation from Leh to Trekking Point on Day 4 and back to Guesthouse to Leh on Day 8
- Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) starting on Day 4 Pack Lunch to Day 8 Breakfast
- Daily Breakfast starting from Day 2 to Day 9.
- Common Kitchen/Dining/Toilet tents will be used during the trek
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Porters for carrying common equipments (like rations/tents/utensils/groceries)
- Equipment – Tents on triple & quad sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mats
- Basic First aid Kit with a portable oxygen cylinder.
- Facility of keeping extra luggage at Leh when leaving for trek
- Airport pick up and drop
- Accommodation on Double Sharing basis for Couples and on Triple Sharing basis for everybody else in Guest House on Day 1, 2,3 & 8.
- Accommodation on Double Sharing basis for Couples and on Triple Sharing basis for everybody else in Dome Tents on Day 4,5,6 & 7.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal trekking equipment – like Gum Boots, trekking poles or sleeping bag liners
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- Personal Porters for carrying trekker’s backpacks @ INR 4,000 Per 10 KGs for 5 days from Day 4 to Day 8 subject to availability at the time of booking
- ALTOA Permission, wildlife tax, Environment Tax, Forest Permits and camping charges of INR 6000/- (The fee may be revised)
- Room Heaters at Guest House in Leh(We suggest not to use the room heaters as the same dehydrate the body and your body won’t get acclimatize to gear up for the Chadar trek)
- Cost of transport, meals and stay if in case you leave the trek in between and return to Leh before the schedule arrival on Day 8
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any extra transport facility not mentioned in inclusions.
- GST (5%)