Kareri Lake (also known as Kumarwah Lake) situated at a height of 9600ft., freshwater lake south of the Dhauladhar range near Dharamshala. The entire trail of the trek is very varied and beautiful with a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and Shakti on a hilltop overlooking the lake.
An ideal weekend getaway trek to this perfect elliptical glacial lake.
Maximum Altitude: 9,650 Ft.
Temperature: 8°C to 20°C
Start Time: 09:00 AM
Kareri Lake Trek Difficulty Level:- Easy To Moderate
Approx Trekking Km:- 26 Kms (To & FRO)
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in tents
- Breakfast & Lunch and Dinner.
- All trekking equipment including tent on twin sharing, sleeping bags, sleeping mats,
- Guide, cook, helper, porters to carry the camping gear.
- Transit Room on the day of arrival in Kareri for freshen-up
- Clock Room to leave any extra stuff at Kareri
- Shared Cabs from Dharamshala to Kareri
- Stay at Near Kareri Lake (Camping / HomeStay / GuestHouse) at the 2km away from lakeside
- Gear (SnowGaiters + DayBags + Tent + Sleeping Bag + Matts + Lights)
- Certified Guide + Support Staff
What is NOT included in the tour
Volvo Travel from Delhi to Dharamshala (If not opting for Volvo)
Non-veg and Wines
Porter if needed & hired.
Any Extra meals or Snacks or juice or water that you purchase
Anything which is not part of inclusion
- Expense of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone bill and tips etc.
Day 1 - Dharamkot to Kareri Village (Height 2200m | Distance 8 KM)
After arriving at Dharamkot and meeting the rest of the group, you will start with the trek to reach the Kareri Village.
After meeting the people of Gaddi Tribe who are native to the Kareri region, you will spend the night in the tents or in one of the village houses.
Day 2 - From Kareri Village, trek to Kareri Lake (Height 3500m | Distance 13 KM)
After breakfast this morning, you will be carrying packed lunch as you trek on your way to Kareri Lake.
You will be walking through the forests of Oak, Rhododendron, and Pine.
The Kareri Lake trek first passes through level grounds but then comes onto a steep ascent, in which you will be trekking alongside the Kareri Nullah Stream.
From Kareri Village, you will go to Reoti Base Camp. From Reoti Base camp, trek to the lake will be organized.
Trek to the lake from Reoti depends on weather conditions.
You will be crossing over the rivulet a number of times using wooden bridges.
Trek back to the Kareri village with the memories of the beautiful lake in your mind and in your camera.
Overnight in Reoti Base camp with a campfire for your company.
Day 3 - Back to Mcleodganj
After breakfast this morning, you will be taking the trek to Mcleodganj, where the Kareri Lake trekking experience will come to an end.