Dharamshala is often recognised as the Land of Dalai Lama but offers much more along with the vibrant colours of the Tibetan culture. Unfold a whole new world as you enter this region that has a unique blend of Tibetan and Himachali culture, and the surreal natural vistas captivated the Britishers so much that they made this region their summer destination.
Take a therapeutic walk on the endless grasslands of Khajjiar, whose beauty is compared with the landscapes of Switzerland. Soak in the spiritual aura at the temples and monasteries or get the adrenaline rushing through your veins by indulging in the adventure activities like trekking, hiking, and camping, this tour will give you peace and thrill all at once. Spend some quality time with your family and friends in the vibrant cafes nestled in these aesthetic landscapes as you relish your taste buds in the delicious Tibetan food.
What is included in the tour
✅ Pick up and drop from Dharamshala Volvo Bus Stand
✅ Stay on a double and triple sharing basis in hygienic and sanitized hotels
✅ Buffet breakfast and dinner as per the itinerary
✅ Sightseeing as per itinerary
✅ Comfortable and hygienic vehicle ( AC Sedan / SUV) for sightseeing on all days as per the itinerary
● Spin the holy wheel while chanting 'Om Mani Padme Hum' and take the blessings on visiting Dalai Lama Monastery, in Dharamshala
● Trek up to Dainkund which is also called ‘The Singing Hills’, and listen to the sound of the chill breeze as it passes through the mountain trees
● Hike on the less walked forest trails to reach Khajjiar - that has a remarkable landscape similarity to Switzerland
● Visit the St. John in the Wilderness Church and know the story by locals why it is called The Home of God and Ghost
● Go cafe hopping at the lively and vibrant hippie cafes of Mcleodganj and savour the authentic Tibetan cuisine
DAY 1 | Reach Dharamshala from Delhi |
- Upon reaching Delhi, board a bus to Dharamshala in the evening to start an overnight bus journey to Dharamshala.
- You will be reaching Dharamshala next morning.
DAY 2 | Excursion to McLeod Ganj |
- Reach Dharamshala early in the morning, where you will meet our representative.
- Transfer to the pre-booked hotel and freshen up.
- After breakfast, you will be travelling to the beautiful suburb town of McLeod Ganj near Dharamshala.
- McLeod Ganj is the spiritual capital of Buddhists and is home to the Dalai Lama, the spiritual leader of Buddhists.
- Visit St. John Church, which is a marvelous church that stands between the thick deodar forest near McLeod Ganj.
- You will be visiting the famous Bhagsunath Temple along with the beautiful Bhagsunath Waterfalls.
- Continue your sightseeing tour by visiting the serene Dal Lake and the beautiful little hamlet known as the Naddi Village.
- Before proceeding back to Dharamshala you will also visit the Kangra Art Museum and the War Memorial.
- On reaching back to the hotel in Dharamshala, enjoy a delicious dinner.
- Overnight stay at the hotel in Dharamshala.
DAY 3 | Dharamshala to Dalhousie | A Tourist’s Paradise in the Laps of the Himalayas
- After enjoying a delicious breakfast in the morning check out from the hotel and leave for Dalhousie.
- Travel through the scenic route which offers mesmesizing views of Dhauladhar Mountain Ranges.
- In the evening reach Dalhousie and check in to your hotel.
- Overnight stay at Dalhousie.
DAY 4 | Excursion to Khajjiar
- After breakfast, proceed for the Dalhousie Sightseeing tour.
- You can enjoy boating at Chamera lake, hike up at the Kalatop wildlife sanctuary and also pay your respects at the Chamunda Devi Temple.
- Enjoy traveling through the rich green landscapes that give out a Switzerland vibe as you move to Khajjiar.
- On the way to Khajjiar take a short stopover at Kalatop, an untouched thick forest with stunning landscapes.
- On reaching Khajjiar, you can choose to visit famous places like Khajjiar Lake and the Khajji Nag Temple.
- In the evening, you will be driving back to Dalhousie and will be free to stroll through The Mall, a famous shopping place at Gandhi Chowk in Dalhousie.
- Return to the hotel in Dalhousie for a delicious dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 5 | Dalhousie to Dharamshala and Sightseeing | Departure
- Start your day with a delicious breakfast and then proceed to check out from the hotel and proceed to Dharamshala
- Upon reaching Dharamshala, explore the beauty of Dharamshala that reflects a blend of Indian and Tibetan culture.
- Visit the picturesque Dharamshala Cricket Stadium which offers stunning views of the snow-capped Himalayas and is one of the highest sports grounds in the world.
- You will then visit the various colourful Buddhist temples that give Dharamshala its identity.
- Spend the rest of the day exploring the local market to shop for some souvenirs.
- In the evening get dropped at the Dharamshala bus stand as you conclude this tour with a bag of memories.
- Board an overnight bus to Delhi.
DAY 6 | Reach Delhi | End of Trip With a Bag Full of LifeTime Memories
- After passing through the hairpin bends and beautiful scenery, your bus will reach back to Delhi in the morning.
- Once you arrive in Delhi, your amazing weekend trip to Himachal comes to an end.