About the Destination :
Away from the world, the residence to Mt. Kanchenjunga is a paradise on earth. With its beguiling slope stations, winding streets cutting their direction through slopes, flawless knolls enhanced with rhododendron blossoms, and great scenes, Sikkim is a heaven to bikers. In this way, leave on an exciting bicycle outing to Sikkim and get hypnotized by the magnificence of the valley of blossoms, the 17,800 ft. Gurudongmnar lake and furthermore go through the curious villas of Lachen. Bounce on your bicycles for a super charged ride into hypnotizing magnificence of the uneven state.
Quick Facts About Sikkim Bike Trip :
- Starting Point/ End Point : Siliguri
- Tour Type : Group Bike Tour
- Duration : 7 Nights & 8 Days
What is included in the tour
- Bikes ( 350 CC, Himalayan available on upgrade)
- Fuel as per itinerary
- Accommodation in Hotels and Homestays (Basic Category)
- All meals in Lachen, Lachung and Zuluk.
- Breakfast and Dinner in Siliguri and Gangtok.
- Specialist back-up vehicle with mechanic
- Experienced Marshal/Tour Captain
- Permits for Nathula Pass, North Sikkim, and Changulake Baba Mandir.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- GST @5%
- Set out on this bike trip through the famous stretches. Start with a ride from Siliguri to Gangtok, while confronting the evolving climate at first damp quickly cold.
- From Lachung head towards the Zero Point the last out post of development of India on the Indo-China Border and furthermore stop at Yumthang Valley the wonderful Valley of Flowers of Sikkim. .
- When in Lachen The Gurudongmar Lake hangs tight for you to get lowered in its excellence. Invest some quality energy here and afterward head to your Hotel and Check Out from that point.
- Relish a rest day at Gangtok and restore the licenses for a visit towards Eastern Sikkim. Investigate the Local Market all alone and shop trinkets.
- Three step dance through the clasp twists of Zuluk, ride across Nathula Pass and arrive at Padamchen, a town in the lower region slants of Himalayas.
Day 1: Arrival at Gangtok
Report to the sprawling city of Siliguri which is our gateway to Sikkim. Gangtok marks our first stopover. With amazing roads, the panoramic scenery adds to the toast. It won’t take long for River Teesta to join along as we leave the foothills of Siliguri. The snaky roads as patented by any mountainous region will make their way to a city that isn’t just litter free but a spit free zone too (It exists and “in” India!). Won’t that be a wonderful experience to stay in the cleanest city in India? Stay and dinner at the hotel.
Day 2:Gangtok-Lachen (120 km)
After breakfast start for Lachen covering the on route sightseeing. On the way, take a break for some beautiful spots like Singhik View Point, Naga Waterfalls, The Confluence of Lachen Chu (River) & Lachung Chu (River) at Chungthang and Bhim Nala Waterfall. One gets to witness the dove white Kanchendzonga (Kanchenjunga) soaring into the sky. On arrival, stay and dinner at the hotel.
Day 3:Lachen-gurudongmar-lachung (180 km)
Early morning after breakfast drive to Gurudongmar Lake- Gurudongmar Lake is one of the highest lakes in the world and highest lakes in India, located at an altitude of 17,800 ft (5,430 m) in the Indian state of Sikkim. While the drive embraces the beauty of Thangu Valley on the way and reaches Gurudongmar, it is a lake that is considered sacred by Buddhists, Sikhs and Hindus. The lake is named after Guru Padmasambhava, also known as Guru Rinpoche. Back to the Hotel. After lunch, drive to Lachung. Arrive by evening. Overnight stay and dinner at Lachung.
Day4:Lachung-Yumthang to Zero Points-Gangtok ( 160 km)
Sikkim is a land with wonders of valleys, lakes, high mountain passes, snow-capped mountains, waterfalls, hot springs, meandering roads, tea gardens and the list never ends. As we start our today’s journey after breakfast we enter the valley of flowers. Yumthang Valley is a paradise that tucks in a wide variety of rhododendron flowers and is thus named aptly. We ride through the valley to make our way to Gangtok. En route, we halt at Zero Point. We halt because there is no road further. Not far away from this point, China begins and one can easily see Chinese bunkers and men around. And that’s how we peeked in international borders too. Stay and dinner in Gangtok.
Day 5: Gangtok to Zuluk via Nathu La and Old Silk Route (100 km)
Mountain biking is incomplete until the meandrous roads spin off the head and the bike doesn't thunder around any mountain passes. Riding through the roads once marched upon by traders is as silky as its name (Silk Route). After breakfast, it begins with a narrow road with right, left, right, left turn. With 56 hairpin bends, Zuluk hands down is every rider’s utopia. Thambi view point gives a complete view of the loops. We continue riding through quaint villages like Gnathang, Kupup and pass by numerous lakes until we scale high to Nathula pass. At 14,140ft the pass shows the mountain covers in foreign lands. Stay and Dinner in a hotel.
Day 6: Zuluk to Gangtok via Aritar (110 km )
We rode across the adventurous North and East Sikkim. After breakfast, en route we will cover some famous destinations of East Sikkim like Aritar, Padamchen and Rorathang. Overnight stay at the hotel in Gangtok.
Day 7: Gangtok to Siliguri (120 km)
After Breakfast, we left for Siliguri. Now we embark on our journey back to the plains of Siliguri. Arrive at Siliguri by the evening. Explore the town of Siliguri for the last time. Overnight stay and dinner will be at Siliguri Hotel.
Day 8: Depart from Siliguri
This will be the last day of our trip and we will say BYE to all our trip mates!