About the Destination :
Away from the world, the residence to Mt. Kanchenjunga is a paradise on earth. With its beguiling slope stations, winding streets cutting their direction through slopes, flawless knolls enhanced with rhododendron blossoms, and great scenes, Sikkim is a heaven to bikers. In this way, leave on an exciting bicycle outing to Sikkim and get hypnotized by the magnificence of the valley of blossoms, the 17,800 ft. Gurudongmnar lake and furthermore go through the curious villas of Lachen. Bounce on your bicycles for a super charged ride into hypnotizing magnificence of the uneven state.
Quick Facts About Sikkim Bike Trip :
- Starting Point/ End Point : Siliguri
- Tour Type : Group Bike Tour
- Duration : 7 Nights & 8 Days
What is included in the tour
- Bikes ( 350 CC, Himalayan available on upgrade)
- Fuel as per itinerary
- Accommodation in Hotels and Homestays (Basic Category)
- All meals in Lachen, Lachung and Zuluk.
- Breakfast and Dinner in Siliguri and Gangtok.
- Specialist back-up vehicle with mechanic
- Experienced Marshal/Tour Captain
- Permits for Nathula Pass, North Sikkim, and Changulake Baba Mandir.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- GST @5%
- Set out on this bike trip through the famous stretches. Start with a ride from Siliguri to Gangtok, while confronting the evolving climate at first damp quickly cold.
- From Lachung head towards the Zero Point the last out post of development of India on the Indo-China Border and furthermore stop at Yumthang Valley the wonderful Valley of Flowers of Sikkim. .
- When in Lachen The Gurudongmar Lake hangs tight for you to get lowered in its excellence. Invest some quality energy here and afterward head to your Hotel and Check Out from that point.
- Relish a rest day at Gangtok and restore the licenses for a visit towards Eastern Sikkim. Investigate the Local Market all alone and shop trinkets.
- Three step dance through the clasp twists of Zuluk, ride across Nathula Pass and arrive at Padamchen, a town in the lower region slants of Himalayas.
Day 1: Arrival at Siliguri
Report to the sprawling city of Siliguri which is our gateway to Sikkim. We will allot the bikes to the group in the evening. After the dinner, there will be a group orientation session followed by the briefing of the ride. One can stroll around the tea gardens by the day and witness this part of Bengal.
Day 2: Siliguri to Gangtok
As we embark our journey to cover pan Sikkim, Gangtok marks our first stopover. With amazing road the panoramic scenery adds to the toast. It won’t take long for River Teesta to join along as we leave the foothills of Siliguri. The snaky roads as patented by any mountainous region will make its way to a city which isn’t just litter free but a spit free zone too (It exists and “in” India!). Won’t that be a wonderful experience to stay in the cleanest city of India?
Day 3: Gangtok to Lachen
A tiny hamlet of Lachen in North Sikkim at a height of nearly 8000ft completely tosses the look of nature around. With alpine meadows now in the background we mark our steps closer to the snow clad mountains. It is believed that Guru Nanak Ji followed this very route and entered Tibet. No nature lover should miss the exquisiteness of North Sikkim. One gets to witness the dove white Kanchendzonga (Kanchenjunga) soaring into the sky. As the terrain changes the ride raises its adventure bar and it gets more thrilling and exciting. We relax for the night in Lachen.
Day 4: Lachen to Gurudongmar Lake to Lachung
Trips where the memories too travel to eternity are the ones worth taking. And that is exactly what today’s ride will offer. Cruising to highest altitude lake is an achievement, first and secondly awards with a spectacular view. It is from here on where the landscape flips to barren mountains and there begins the Chopta Valley. With very few vegetative pasture lands, the valley ends the green world of Sikkim and makes its way to crystalline clear Gurudongmar Lake. At 17,800ft lake is not just a visual treat but also holds a religious importance. The legendry beliefs add glory to its name. We ride back to another hamlet called Lachung after soaking in the beauty of sacred lake. We recline for the night in Lachung, a quiet and serene place in proximity to Tibet border.
Day 5: Lachung to Yumthang to Zero Point to Gangtok
Sikkim is a land with wonders of valleys, lakes, high mountain passes, snow capped mountains, waterfalls, hot springs, meandering roads, tea gardens and the list never ends. As we start our today’s journey we enter the valley of flowers. Yumthang Valley is a paradise which tucks in wide variety of rhododendron flowers and thus named aptly. We ride through the valley to make our way to Gangtok. En route we halt at Zero Point. We halt because there is no road further. Not far away from this point, China begins and one can easily see Chinese bunkers and men around. And that’s how we peeked in international borders too. We rest for the night in Gangtok.
Day 6: Gangtok to Zuluk via Nathu La and Old Silk Route
A mountain biking is incomplete until the meandrous roads spins off the head and the bike didn’t thunder around any mountain passes. Today is the day when the dream of all bikers will come true. Riding through the roads once marched upon by traders is as silky as its name (Silk Route). And there begins the narrow road with right, left, right, left turn. With 56 hairpin bends, Zuluk hands down is every rider’s utopia. Thambi view point gives a complete view of the loops. Surely the inner photographer will be born seeing the splendid bends in a frame. We continue riding through quaint villages like Gnathang, Kupup and pass by numerous numbers of lakes until we scale high to Nathula pass. At 14,140ft the pass shows the mountain covers in foreign lands. And there again, we peek into foreign lands- the Tibetan plateau and Bhutanese mountains.
Day 7: Zuluk to Siliguri via Aritar
We rode across the adventurous North and East Sikkim. Now we embark on our journey back to the plains of Siliguri. Enroute we will cover some famous destinations of East Sikkim like Aritar, Padamchen and Rorathang. Arrive at Siliguri by the evening. Explore the town of Siliguri for the last time. Overnight stay and hotel will be at Siliguri Hotel
Day 8: Depart from Siliguri
This will be the last day of our trip and we will say BYE to all our trip mates!