Camp Panther is set up on 5 acres of terraced fields in Shivpuri village at the foot-hills of Himalayas. Located 16 km north of Rishikesh, the camp is about a 6-7 hours drive from New Delhi. The ridges surrounding the camp are covered with a thick Sal forest.
The days at camp are packed with activities while the evenings are spent relaxing under the thatched golghars (gazebos) or by the swimming pool. The more adventurous can try their prowess at rock climbing on the floodlit artificial climbing wall at the campsite. Camp Panther offers two types of accommodation i.e. 37 comfortable safari tents with attached utilities & 8 air-conditioned huts with modern amenities.
What is included in the tour
- River Rafting
- Rock Climbing
- Day Hike
- Zip Line
- Nature Walks
- Team Games
- Volleyball, Frisbee, Basketball, Cycling
- Swimming Pool
- Lush green environs
- 37 Luxury Swiss Tents with Attached Utilities
- 8 AC Huts with Attached Utilities
- 2 AC Conference Hall
- Power back-up
- Golghars/AC sitting area for dining and group activities
What is NOT included in the tour
- Alcoholic beverages (we do not provide/supply/sell any).
- Any Transport at all, such as rafting transfers, airport transfers etc.
- Single Tent Supplement.
- En-route/Personal expenses.
- Medical and insurance expenses.
- Any expenses incurred due to exigencies/Force Majeure.
Snow Leopard Adventures Pvt. Ltd., India’s first ISO 9001: 2008 certified adventure travel outfit. Be it river rafting on the Ganges, trekking in the Himalaya, mountain biking in Garhwal, sea kayaking tours in Andaman or Trans-Himalayan jeep safaris, Snow Leopard Adventures assures you of a safe yet exciting experience.
Our core competencies:
Emphasis on Safety: We lay tremendous emphasis on safety and "Eco sense” in our operations and we follow strict codes of conduct for safety and environment. Our outdoor team of experienced rafters, kayakers, climbers and naturalists are the most professional in the country.
Experienced Outdoor Team: Our trip leaders and coordinators have been leading field trips for many years now and are adept at conducting activities such as river rafting, trekking, cycling, mountain biking, rappelling etc. Our entire outdoor team is certified in First Aid and CPR and all our trip leaders are certified in First Aid, Wilderness Course and CPR from Wilderness Medicine Institute, NOLS, US.
“Eco-sensible” approach: Our programs are designed with the intention of combining adventure with “Eco sense”. We are proud of our ecologically friendly camp operations, which emphasize on minimum impact tourism and on conserving the environment & culture of the area.
Our Food: In spite of the remote location, we are proud of our menu and the various fresh items it offers. An ex Taj chef is in charge of our F& B services and we give top priority to hygiene while preparing the delicious food served in camp. It is generally a combination of Indian, Continental and Chinese food. Fruit and vegetables are obtained locally. We provide mineral water in the tents. The water in the dining area is filtered.
DAY 1: Arrival at Camp, Trekking:
- Arrive at Camp Panther, Shivpuri. Camp welcome and briefing.
- Lunch at the camp. Post lunch, we go for a fun hike to a nearby Garhwali village. The trek takes us through a local village, terraced cultivation and culminates with a stream crossing on our way back.
- In the evening, relax by the pool or try your hand at rock climbing on the artificial wall in the camp.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Camp Panther.
DAY 2: Rafting, Games:
- Post breakfast, we drive to our put-in point for the day’s rafting.
- On arrival at the put-in point, guests wear their helmets and life-jackets and board the rafts with paddles.
- Return to the camp for lunch.
- Guests have the following options: 1.) Wall climbing/Rappelling in the Camp OR 2.) Games at the camp (Cricket, Volleyball etc)
- Evening at leisure at the camp or session of volleyball/ frisbee.
- Merrymaking around the campfire.
- Dinner and overnight stay at the campsite.
DAY 3: Rafting & Departure
- After breakfast, we will go for another exciting session of rafting Or Zipping across the Ganges (additional cost)
- Lunch at the camp.
- Post lunch depart for your onward destination.