Snow-capped peaks, the Beas River and thick pine wood trees around Manali, makes it best destination for a vacation in Himachal Pradesh during winters.The entire Manali Valley looks beautiful during the winters – pure white beauty! The wisest way to observe, learn and explore with an Eco-friendly way of travelling is trekking.“Manali-Naggar Snow Trek” offers you a healthy and natural way of travelling.
Location: Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Height: 2,660 meters
Pick Up/Drop: Naggar
- Stay for male and female are separate throughout the program.
- Medical certificate, duly signed by MBBS doctor, is mandatory for participating in all the events.
- Participation in any of the Himalayan trekking program requires a level of fitness. One who is participating in any of such events should do a minimum of two weeks of preparation.
- Trekking shoes are compulsory.
- Participants should check “Things to Carry list” which includes all personal clothing and other trekking accessories.
- Smoking and drinking are strictly prohibited.
- Buying drugs or any illegal material is strictly prohibited. The participant found in possession of any of such items will be detained and handed over to government authority.
- Instructions from Guide should be strictly followed.
What is included in the tour
- Stay (Tent stay)
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, Dinner)
- Professional guide
- Forest permit
- Personal Insurance
- Rucksack (65 litres) with cover
- Plate and Mug
- Trekking stick and Gaiters
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cost of Emergency
- Personal Porter Charges
- Bottled water
- Any personal expense
DAY 1: REPORTING AT RUMSU BASE CAMP
Get down at Patlikuhal (20 km after Kullu and 20 km before Manali). Transport options are readily available from Patlikuhal to Rumsu camp. Today we will go for an acclimatization walk for two high altitude villages, Rumsu and Pulag. Overnight at Rumsu base camp.
DAY 2: TREK TO PULAG AND NAGGAR
After morning breakfast we will start our trek to Pulag. Pulag is another high altitude village and takes around two hours to reach. We will then descend back to Rumsu base camp for lunch. Post lunch we will start our trek to Naggar which is famous for its historical monuments and museums like Roerich Art Gallery and Naggar Castle. By evening 5 PM we will start our trek back to Rumsu.
DAY 3: SNOW TREK TO STERLING FOREST
Sterling, is a dark green meadow amidst the dense Himalayan forest, with gentle snow slopes where participants can enjoy a lot of snow activities. The trek to Sterling is a steep climb and takes around two to three hours to reach. After lunch, we will descend to Rumsu base camp. Bonfire in the night.
DAY 4: MANALI SIGHTSEEING AND DEPARTURE.
We will leave base camp around 9 AM in morning for Manali. Participants can explore Manali for rest of the day, shop souvenirs.