Snow-capped peaks, the Beas River and thick pine wood trees around Manali, makes it best destination for a vacation in Himachal Pradesh during winters.The entire Manali Valley looks beautiful during the winters – pure white beauty! The wisest way to observe, learn and explore with an Eco-friendly way of travelling is trekking.“Chandrakhani Pass Snow Trek” offers you a healthy and natural way of travelling.
Location: Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Height: 3,660 meters
Pick Up/Drop: Manali
- Stay for male and female are separate throughout the program.
- Medical certificate, duly signed by MBBS doctor, is mandatory for participating in all the events.
- Participation in any of the Himalayan trekking program requires a level of fitness. One who is participating in any of such events should do a minimum of two weeks of preparation.
- Trekking shoes are compulsory.
- Participants should check “Things to Carry list” which includes all personal clothing and other trekking accessories.
- Smoking and drinking are strictly prohibited.
- Buying drugs or any illegal material is strictly prohibited. The participant found in possession of any of such items will be detained and handed over to government authority.
- Instructions from Guide should be strictly followed.
What is included in the tour
- Stay (Tent stay)
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, Dinner)
- Professional guide
- Forest permit
- Personal Insurance
- Rucksack (65 litres) with cover
- Plate and Mug
- Trekking stick and Gaiters
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cost of Emergency
- Personal Porter Charges
- Bottled water
- Any personal expense
Day 1: Reporting at Rumsu base camp and Acclimatization walk
Get down at Patlikuhal (20 km after Kullu and 20 km before Manali). Transport options are readily available from Patlikuhal to Rumsu camp. All the participants should report at Rumsu base camp by 8 AM and will undergo the registration process. Freshening up and breakfast will happen at the base camp. Post breakfast we will go for an acclimatization walk. Lunch at 1 PM. Post lunch orientation. Orientation will cover all the general instructions that could be helpful for the trek like backpacking, marching technique and medical awareness. Post snacks we will have an ice-breaking session. Overnight stay at Rumsu base camp.
Day 2: Trek to Naya Tapru
After breakfast, all the trekkers will start their trek to Naya Tapru (2,800 meters). The trek route goes through some dense forest, full of pine, fir, oak, chestnut trees. There is an ascend for the jungle and takes around 4 to 5 hours to reach to Naya Tapru. We will have our packed lunch at Ghan Kulhadi. Ghan kulhadi is a large plain green meadow amidst the dense forest. Overnight stay in tents at Naya Tapru camp.
Day 3: Trek to Chandrakhani Pass and descend to Chaklani
After breakfast, all the trekkers will start their trek to Chandrakhani Pass with their packed lunch. We will start the trek early by 6 AM. The trek route has a moderate ascend and takes around 4 hours to reach Chandrakhani Pass. The highest point of the pass is 3,660 meters. Just adjacent to the Chandrakhani Pass lies Dhana Kunnu Pass. The entire place is associated with the famous Jamdagini Rishi, one of the seven saptrishi. We will then start descending from Chandrakhani and will camp at Chaklani. The descent is easy and takes around 2 hours. Overnight stay in tents at Chaklani campsite. [Stay at Chaklani depends upon snow situation. If camping is not possible because of snow reason at Chaklani we will camp at Naya Tapru]
Day 4: Descend to base camp
Afte breakfast all the participants will start their descend for Rumsu base camp. The descending route is the same as the ascending one and takes around 4 hours. Lunch at Sterling while descending. Certificate distribution will be held at 3 PM. Departure at 4 PM from base camp for New Delhi.