Rajmachi Fort is one of the many historical forts in the rugged hills of Sahyadri mountains. It consists of two twin fortresses Shriwardhan Ballekilla and Manaranjan Balekilla, with a wide machi surrounding the two Balekillas. It is a famous spot for trekking. Rajmachi Fort is a 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala there are many routes to reach Rajmachi Fort. We will be camping at Udhewadi Village located below the two Balekilla. Surrounded by huge waterfalls during monsoon you can view the beautiful Kataldhar waterfall from Shrivardhan Fort. Pre-monsoon the forest around the forts is glowing with Fireflies at night. You can also trek towards Kondhane Caves during monsoon and enjoy the beautiful caves and waterfall. Rajmachi Fort is located strategically overlooking Borghat, a historical trade route.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling to base village from Lonavala station and back by local vehicle
- 1 Veg Dinner, Breakfast, 1 Veg lunch
- Tented stay on sharing basis
- Treks and Trails India expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel from Mumbai/Pune to Lonavala and back
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
5% GST extra
- Udaysagar Lake was constructed in 1712.
- Temple of Mahadev by the side of Udaysagar Lake.
- Temple of Bahiroba on the plateau near Shrivardhan and Manaranjan.
- Shrivardhan Fort and Caves.
- Manaranjan Fort if time permits.
Day 1 –
For Rajmachi Mumbai participants
Catch Sinhagad Express 11009 – Mumbai to Pune
- 14:30 CSMT
- 14:41 Dadar
- 15:03 Thane
- 15:28 Kalyan
- 16:08 Karjat
- 17:03 Lonavala
For Pune to Rajmachi participants
Catch Pune – Lonavala local
- 15:00 Pune
- 15:04 Shivaji Nagar
- 15:47 Talegaon
- 16:25 Lonavala
17:10 Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards base village by Jeep.
20:00 Reach Base Village.
21:00 Dinner - Enjoy campfire.
Day 2 -
06:30 Wake up and freshen up.
07:30 Rajmachi Trek, Shrivardhan fort exploration.
13:30 Start return journey to Lonavala.
16:30 Disperse at Lonavala railway station.