Program Duration: 2 days
Start / Finish: Panarsa
Nearest Town: Bhuntar
Maximum Altitude: 2730 meters
The Prashar Lake Trek is one of the most delightful and famous weekend treks near the Mandi region of Himachal Pradesh. Prashar Lake Trek is an easy trek with a scope for varying the duration to suit one's time with adding nearby exploration.
What is included in the tour
- All veg meals from the first day's lunch to the second day's lunch
- Tented accommodation on triple sharing basis
- All necessary fees and permits
- Transfer from Panarsa – Panarsa
- Clock Room in Panarsa to leave extra luggage
- Snow Gaiters, if required
- Certified guide and support staff
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses
- Insurance of any kind
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag
- Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program
Day 01: Panarsa - Jwalapur - Parashar Lake (2700m) (1 hr drive and 8 km trek)
We will meet at Panarsa and then we will drive from Panarsa to Jwalapur, the starting point for Prashar Lake Trek. You will ascend and descend through the easy trekking trail to Prashar Lake, but the views are captivating. Trek for about 4 to 5 hours to reach Prashar Lake which has a 13th century Pagoda Temple just beside the lake.
Day 02: Prashar Lake – Jwalapur - Panarsa
Start the day with sumptuous breakfast and trek back to the Jwalapur Village. The second day's trek is a gradual descent. Once you reach Jwalapur, drive back to Panarsa. The Parashar Lake trek can be done all year round. In case you want to do a snow trek, then you can opt to do it in the months of December, January or February.