Program Duration: 5 days
Start / Finish: Jobri
Nearest Town: Manali
Maximum Altitude: 11,500 ft
Piang Neru trek is a beautiful trek near Manali. This is one of the most picturesque treks in the Manali region which offers landscapes ranging from alpine forests, meadow, waterfalls and moraines. The trek offers uninterrupted views of Mt. Deo Tibba along with the sorrounding glaciers.
What is included in the tour
- All veg meals during the trek (from first day's lunch to the last day's lunch)
- Tented accommodation on double sharing during the trek
- All necessary fees and permits
- Qualified and experienced Trek Guide and support staff
- All camping gear complying with International standards
- First aid qualified instructor
- Surface transfer (Manali – Jobri – Manali ) as per itinerary
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meal during transit
- Any expenses of a personal nature
- Insurance of any kind
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag
- Anything not mentioned explicitly
Day 1: Manali – Jobri - 9000 ft (1 hr drive)
The very first day, we will meet at Manali SBI ATM on mall road outside government bus stand. After briefing and introduction, we will drive towards the trek starting point at Jobri. The Jobri campsite is surrounded by very high bare rocks and forest. During the drive, we will cross Setan village, which is the last village of that area. Stay overnight in tents at Jobri.
Day 2: Jobri –– Table Top (4 hrs)
After breakfast, we start the trek for Tabletop. Today’s trek is a 4-hour easy ascent from Jobri to Tabletop through thick forest and crossing a small bridge. While trekking we can see the Rani river on one side and a big rocky hill on the other. The trek passes through some of the most spectacular landscapes. After a time the tree line starts to disappear slowly & the high altitude zone starts. Overnight in tents at Tabletop.
Day 3: Table Top – Piang Neru (3 hrs)
Today after breakfast we leave for Piang Neru which offers magnificent views of the overwhelming Mount Deo Tibba, its hanging glaciers & moraines. All along the trail, the massive Deo Tibba always stay in view. The area is fully filled with Shepherds during spring until the end of autumn. Overnight in tents at Piang Neru.
Day 4: Piang Neru – Glacier – Piang Neru (Exploration day / 13000 ft / 3-4 hr)
Day 5: Piang Neru - Manali (6 hrs trek / 1 hr drive)
After breakfast trek back to Jobri along the same route and then drive back to Manali.