Patalsu peak is one of the most famous peaks in Manali valley which even beginners can attempt. The trek starts from the famous Solang Valley. The level of the trek is moderate as it involves a steep ascend from Solang valley. However its worth because of the mesmerising views one gets from the top.
Location: Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Height: 13,451 feet
Pick Up/Drop: Manali
- Stay for male and female are separate throughout the program.
- Medical certificate, duly signed by MBBS doctor, is mandatory for participating in all the events.
- Participation in any of the Himalayan trekking program requires a level of fitness. One who is participating in any of such events should do a minimum of two weeks of preparation.
- Trekking shoes are compulsory.
- Participants should check “Things to Carry list” which includes all personal clothing and other trekking accessories.
- Smoking and drinking are strictly prohibited.
- Buying drugs or any illegal material is strictly prohibited. The participant found in possession of any of such items will be detained and handed over to government authority.
- Instructions from Guide should be strictly followed.
What is included in the tour
- Stay (Tent stay)
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, Dinner)
- Professional guide
- Forest permit
- Personal Insurance
- Rucksack (65 litres) with cover
- Plate and Mug
- Trekking stick and Gaiters
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cost of Emergency
- Personal Porter Charges
- Bottled water
- Any personal expense
Day 1: Jeep Ride to Solang Valley
Get down at Manali bus stand. Take transport for Solang valley from Manali, i..e. 14 km. Post lunch, go for an acclimatization walk to Anjani Mahadev(Duration 2 hours). For rest of the day, participants can explore Solang Valley. Overnight stay in tents at Solang village.
Day 2: Trek from Solang to Shagadugh
We will start the trek from Solang to Shagadugh. The trek has a moderate ascend and goes through some dense forest of Pine and Oak trees. The dense forest then leads to an open large meadow which is known as Shagadugh. Overnight stay in tents at Shagadugh.
Day 3: Trek to Patalsu peak(13,451 feet)
We will start the day early from Shagadugh for Patalsu peak. The trek has a steep ascent for the peak. The panoramic views of the Shitidhar, Friendship and Manali peaks from the summit is quite mesmerizing. We will then start our descend to Shagadugh camp. Overnight stay in tents at Shagadugh.
Day 4: Descend to Solang Valley
Post breakfast we will start the descend for Solang Valley from Shagadugh camp. Jeep ride from Solang valley to Manali. Departure from Manali by 5 PM.