Nestled in the heart of the Western Ghats, in the Chikmagalur district of Karnataka, Kudremukh is a beautiful trek across gently rolling green hills and misty valleys. The third highest peak in the state at 6,207 ft, the trek is a day's climb from the base village. 'Kudremukh' literally means 'horse's face' in Kannada..
Special features of Kudremukh National Park (KNP)
KNP is made of steep hills and valleys. The hills, which bear the brunt of the severe monsoon wind, preclude any tree growth as a result the landscape is covered with grass. The valleys which are tucked in, have reasonable protection from wind and a deep soil profile, as a result of which stunted evergreen forests exist creating an unique microclimate, rich with mosses, orchids, etc. The whole scenery of grassland interspersed with narrow strips of forests provide a fantastic vista for a trekker. The totally fresh air and the climb up and down, invigorates the body and soothes the soul. During the trek, one can view and study several wildlife species of plants, birds, reptiles, amphibians, butterflies, insects, etc.
What is included in the tour
- Forest permission charges
- Non A/C Transport from Bangalore to Bangalore
- Accommodation In Tents
- Veg Meals (1 Breakfast, 1 lunch & 2 Dinner)
- Basic First aid Support
- Certified Instructor from BMC
What is NOT included in the tour
- Saturday Breakfast & Lunch
- Snacks During Transit
- Anything not mentioned above in Inclusion
Note: There is a different permission charge for Foreigner & the difference amount should be paid by the participant on spot
06:30 AM - Pick-up from BMC, Indiranagar
06:45 AM - Pick-up from New Shanthi Sagar hotel, Domlur
07:00 AM - Pick-up from Lifestyle, Magrath road
05:00 AM Reach Kudremukh National Park
Have Self sponsored breakfast on the way
Visit Belur temple & have self sponsored Lunch
Reach campsite at kudremukh base camp & Freshen up
Have Campfire, Dinner & Night stay
06:00 AM Have breakfast, Avail permission
Start trekking to Kudremukh Peak
Trek 22KM both ways. Have packed lunch on the way
06:00 PM Reach base camp, have Dinner & Start back to Bangalore
04:30 AM Reach back to Bangalore.
CARRY ONLY WHAT IS NECESSARY
● Personal medication (if any)
● Strong backpack (Preferably waterproof)
● Fresh pair of clothes for two days.
● Mosquito Repellent Cream
● Water bottles (at least 2 litres of water)
● A torch with new batteries (must in case of emergency)
● You can carry Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavoured milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
● Sunglasses, Sunscreen.
● Camera (Optional)
● Shoes with good grip