Kenya offers seemingly endless opportunities for an adventure. Ever watched National Geographic and seen acres and acres of savannah lands? Ever wondered how the lions, wild beasts, crocodiles, and zebras live in the same vicinity?
Well if you wish to have a first-hand experience of this scenario, a visit to Masai Mara National Reserve is imperative. Stretched along the Tanzanian border adjacent to the Serengeti, Masai Mara National Reserve is one of Kenya’s oldest and most beloved safari destinations—an expanse of nearly 600 square miles where the event of wildebeest migration is something you wouldn’t want to miss. Experience the culture, the biodiversity, the local nomadic tribes. Experience the Unknown only in Kenya.
- We may have to reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability.
- Airport taxes or park fees may be changed without prior notice. This is beyond our control and any increase levied will be passed to you.
- Passengers should bring only soft sided bags on safaris.
- All the passengers must have Identification Card/Passport with them for internal flights.
- Baggage on internal flights is strictly limited to 15kgs per person (including hand luggage). Any excess baggage will be charged by the airline at check-in.
- Passengers arriving in Tanzania will be asked to present a valid Yellow Fever vaccination certificate.
What is included in the tour
- Meet and greet services upon arrival
- Transfers as specified in the program
- Game drives on private basis in a Toyota minibus van with a pop-up roof.
- All accommodation and meals as specified in a standard room
- Full board accommodation on Safari
- All park fees and government taxes
- Complimentary 500ml mineral water per person per day in our vehicle only
- Our assistance
What is NOT included in the tour
- International flights
- Airport tax (International)
- Guide or local escort gratuities
- Drinks and dining rooms tips, porterage, personal travel and baggage insurance
- Telephone bill, laundry and any items of a personal nature
- Boat ride in Lake Naivasha- $33
- Masai village visit - $22
- Balloon safaris ride- $480
- Tips and gratuities- $10 per person per day
Day 1: Nairobi - Sweetwaters
Meet our team outside the customs and immigration halls. Get briefed on your safari and introduced to your driver-guide & drive to SWEETWATERS CAMP with views across the plains of the snow-capped peak of Mount Kenya, the camp overlooks a waterhole where giraffe, gazelle and warthogs come to drink. Lunch at the beautiful Sweetwaters Serena camp. An afternoon game drive in the predator-rich Ol Pejeta Conservancy, which also contains two prominent sanctuaries, one for chimpanzees and another for rhino. Later on drive back to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Host to all the members of the ‘Big Five' (elephant, rhino, lion, buffalo and leopard), the conservancy has a higher wildlife-to-area ratio than any Kenyan national park and is one of only four private game conservancies to have been founded in Kenya. At the forefront of the Kenyan conservancy program, the conservancy boasts the largest black rhino sanctuary in East Africa, hosts the only chimpanzee sanctuary in Kenya, and shelters large numbers of rare and endangered species.
Day 2: Lake Elementaita
Early breakfast and drive to LAKE ELEMENTAITA SERENA LODGE. Arrival and check-in followed by a lunch. Lake Elementaita is less visited than other natural attractions in the region, so you enjoy a sense of privacy and solitude in a wondrous volcanic landscape. If you are a bird lover and in search of African safari lodges, then the country lodge is the perfect place for you to experience one of the world’s largest ornithological spectacles.
Day 3: Lake Elementaita - Mara National Reserve
After breakfast, drive to the wild famous Masai Mara National Reserve. Arrive at your lodge in time for lunch. After lunch, enjoy a PM game drive within the park. The Mara offers wildlife in such variety and abundance that it is difficult to believe; over 450 species of animals have been recorded here. You will easily see Lions, Rhinos, Hippos, Crocodiles, Giraffe, Wildebeests, Zebras, Buffalo, Warthogs, Hyenas, and Jackals, Wild dogs, Buffalo, Leopard and a variety of antelopes. It is in the Mara that the most spectacular event of the natural wonders of the world takes place. Behind their heels are predators of the savannah. This evening, enjoy a sumptuous dinner at your camp.
Day 4: Masai Mara - Full day of game-viewing
You spend a full day in the Masai Mara on morning and afternoon game drives. Between the game drive OPTIONAL VISIT (payments direct) to local Masai Village is conducted. The trees in the distance might turn out to be a family of Giraffes. Those clumps of bushes a pride of Lions, and the rock that moves a Rhino lumbering out of your way. With diligence and some luck, you may encounter a family of Cheetahs, or a herd of Elephants crossing the path in front of you. Large animals are not the only entertainment - a family of warthogs may amuse you, running as fast as their little legs will carry them until they forget why they are rushing and stop to regroup.
Day 5: Nairobi - Depart
Breakfast will be served at the lodge. Drive to Nairobi where you will be transferred to JKIA for your departure flight back home.