Duration : 06 days
Difficulty : Easy
Start / Finish : Dehradun
Nearest Town : Mussorie
Altitude : 12500 Feet
Day 01: Assemble time & point will be 07:00 A.M at Dehradun Railway Station.
Day 06: Drop off time and point will be 06:30 P.M. at Dehradun Railway Station.
Kedarkantha Trek is a classic trek. The trek provides a great opportunity for trekkers to see the scenic beauty and experience the life of remote villages of Garhwal Himalayas. Kedarkantha Trek lies in the Govind Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. The drive to Sankri (From where the Kedarkantha trek starts) is one of the most picturesque drives in the Himalayas through Mussoorie, Purola, Mori, Netwar, Motwat along the Tons River Kedarkantha trek is one the easiest treks in the Himalayas to enjoy thick snow cover. The Kedarkantha trek campsite is great for birding and surrounded by beautiful snow peaks.
What is included in the tour
- All 3 Veg Meals from Dinner at Sankri on Day 1st to Breakfast at Sankri on Day 6th
- 03 Nights Tented accommodation on triple sharing basis.
- 02 Night Guest House / Hotel / Homestay accommodation in Sankri on Triple/quad sharing.
- Morning, evening Tea/ Coffee served with light snacks during the trek.
- All necessary fees and permits for Indian residence are included.
- Qualified and experienced Trek Leader and support staff.
- Microspikes if needed on trek
- Basic First Aid Medical Kit with Oxygen Cylinder and OxiMeter
- Surface Transfer from Dehradun – Sankri – Dehradun by Qualis / Sumo / Bolero / Max or Tempo Traveler depending upon the number of trekkers.
- Note: The accommodation will be separate for male and females.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any Meals During Transit
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- All fees and permit for Non Indian Residence are excluded
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag.
- Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.
- Unscheduled stay due to landslide.
- Cost Escalation due to "Force Majeure" and evacuation charges.
- GST @ 5%
Day 1: Drive from Dehradun to Sankri (6,450 ft, 8 hrs)
We will arrange the transport and they will meet you at Dehradun railway station to pick you for long but scenic drive Sankri via Mussoorie, Purola, Mori, Netwar along the Tons River. On arrival set out camp for overnight stay.
Day 2: Trek from Sankri to Juda Ka Talab (9,000 ft, 4 hrs)
After morning exercise we will have our breakfast and start the trek around 8 AM for our next camp Juda Ka Talab. We will camp beside the small pond surrounded by Pine and Oak trees. One can have beautiful views of snow clad peaks from Juda Ka Talab campsite.
Day 3: Trek from Juda Ka Talab to Kedarkantha Base (10,600 ft, 4 hrs)
Get up early morning to see the golden glow of snow clad peaks. Post breakfast start the trek to Kedarkantha Peak base which takes around 4 hrs to reach Kedarkantha Peak base. Enjoy hot lunch and explore the area.
Day 4: Trek from Kedarkantha Base to Kedarkantha Peak and back to Kedarkantha Base (12,500 ft, 7-8 hrs)
Today is a long day trek up to the summit of Kedarkantha peak, have your lunch with amazing views of snow clad peaks of Yamunotri and Gangotri ranges. After spending some quality time at the peak we trek back to nearby camping site at the Kedarkantha Base.
Day 5: Trek from Kedarkantha Base to Sankri (4-5 hrs) and drive back to Dehradun
Trek down from Kedarkantha Base to Sankri via Hargaon on well marked trail by stones. Trek down through thick forest of Pine and Maple trees and at some places you will have open views of beautiful Har Ki Dun valley. Drive back to Dehradun to catch your train to Delhi with kaleidoscopic memories of the Kedarkantha Trek