Kalsubai is a mountain in the Western Ghats, located in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Kalsubai Peak with a height of 1646 meter or 5400 Feet is famous as the highest peak in Maharashtra. Kalsubai Mountain lies in the Sahyadri mountain range falling under Kalsubai Harishchandragad wildlife sanctuary. Kalsubai Height being the highest peak, it commands a beautiful view. Since Bhandardara Dam and Kalsubai Peak is extremely famous, enough effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains, and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb. Camping under the stars and moonlight at the highest peak of Maharashtra is thrilling to experience.
What is included in the tour
- 1 Dinner and 1 veg Breakfast
- Travel Kasara to Kasara by Local Jeep
- Tented stay on sharing basis on top of mountain (triple/quad)
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Kasara and back
- Lunch on Saturday and Sunday
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Kalsubai Trek Difficulty Level: Medium
- Highest Peak of Maharashtra Kalsubai Peak: 5400 feet /1646 meters
- Kalsubai Peak Height: 1646 meters
- Climbing Kalsubai Distance: 5.5 km one way
- Base Village Kalsubai Trek: Bari
- Shikhar Kalsubai Region: Igatpuri / Bhandardara
- Total time required for climbing Kalsubai Shikhar: 4 hours one way
- Trekking Duration: 1 Night 2 Day
Day 1 – Saturday
Catch CSMT- Kasara fast local (For Mumbai participants)
- CSMT-Kasara local timings
- 10:16 Mumbai (CSMT)
- 10:23 Byculla
- 10:29 Dadar
- 10:36 Kurla
- 10:40 Ghatkopar
- 10:57 Thane
- 11:11 Dombivli
- 11:19 Kalyan
- 12:32 Kasara
12:35 Meet at Kasara Railway Station near the ticket counter and start the journey towards Bari village by local jeep.
Lunch on the way at Dhaba. (by your own)
15:30 Reach Bari village.
16:00 Trek to the campsite.
20:00 Reach campsite and rest.
Day 2 – Sunday
06:00 Wake Up and freshen up.
06:30 Reach Kalsubai top.
07:30 Back to the campsite and have breakfast.
08:00 Start descending towards base village.
11:30 Reach at the base and start the return journey towards Kasara station.
14:30 Reach Kasara Railway Station and disperse.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kalsubai Trek and Camping, no refund will be provided.