A trek at the heart of an endlessly fascinating range
- The Dhauladhar is an endlessly fascinating range and the Indrahar Pass trek is a strong reiteration of its diverse offerings.
- This high, rocky ridge is extensive enough and important enough both in its profile of ascent and its relative proximity to the plains to be a major Himalayan range.
- It is a geologically active region, set on a major thrust zone of the Indian plate.
Things to Carry
Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve
Woolen cap, Woolen gloves
Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes
Raincoat / Poncho
Small light weight towel
Sturdy Water bottle
Cap / Hat
Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
What is included in the tour
- 1 night stay at Hotel in Mcleodganj with Breakfast & Lunch and Dinner.
- Private surface transportation pick up drop nearest bus stand.
- All trekking equipment including tent on twin sharing, sleeping bags, sleeping mats,
- Guide, cook, helper, porters to carry the camping gear.
- All Taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- The above cost will not include anything not mentioned under 'inclusions'
- Expense of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone bill and tips etc.
Day 01 : Mcleod ganj – Triund (2975m) 9Km
The track goes through mixed forest of oak, rhododendron and deodar trees. First 2km is a steed ascent but there is agradual ascent after Galu Devi temple. The last 1 km ia again a steep ascent through the forest. Triund is a flat meadow on top of a ridge. From here panoramic view of Dhauladhar range on one side and Kangra valley on the other is a memorable sight. Night stay in tents.
Day 02 : Triund – Lahes Cave (3700m)…7km
This is an acclimatization day. After a short ascent from Triund traverse a ridge to reach Laka Got – a temporary shephard camp. Laka Got is situated at the snout of a small glacier , which is full of snow and ice in early summer and the snow melts away during the monsoon. From Laka Got it is a steep ascent for 2 km over a rocky ridge to reach Lahes cave. Night stay inthe cave or comp at Laka Got.
Day 03 : Lahes cave – Inderhara pass (4300m) – Laka Got
Start early in the morning, the waether gets bad in the afternoon. Inthe early summer (April to May) the trail is full of snow and ice and reqiure good equipment. During post mansoon (September to November) there is no snow or ice and there is narrow trail going uo to the pass. Il takes about three hours to the pass and another three hours to come down. From the pass entire Pir Panjal range of central Himalayas is a sidht to behold. Back to Laka Got For Panjal range of central Himalayas is a sight to behold. Back to Laka Got for night stay.
Day 04 : Laka Got – Mcleodganj ….. 15km
Follow the same route on the way back or a different one from Triund going over a grassy meadow and desecend down to Bhagsu Nag and then to Mcleodganj. Over night in Hotel