Duration : 07 Days
Difficulty : Easy / Moderate
Start / Finish : Taluka
Nearest Town : Mussorie
Altitude : 11768 Feet
Day 01: Assemble Time & Point will be 07:00 A.M at Dehradun Railway Station.
Day 07: Drop-off Time and Point will be 06:30 P.M. at Dehradun Railway Station.
One of the most gorgeous among Uttarakhand’s trekking destinations, Har Ki Doon in the Garhwal Himalayas at. is a hanging valley famed for exquisite beauty. The trek route offers a variety of interesting features—forests rich in flora and fauna, a series of quaint villages on the cliffs, the delightful experience of camping by a sprightly mountain river, and vista of snow peaks.
Har Ki Doon trek is a favorite in summers and post-monsoon owing to the vibrant greens patched with orchids, rhododendrons, and other blossoms.
What is included in the tour
- All veg meals from dinner on Day 1st to breakfast on Day 7th
- 04 Nights Tented/Homestay/Guest House accommodations on triple sharing basis.
- 02 Nights Guest house/ Homestay accommodations on triple/quad sharing basis.
- All necessary fees and permits Indians are included.
- Qualified and experienced Trek Leader and support staff.
- Basic First aid medical kit with oxygen cylinder and oximeter
- Trek equipment’s like: Sleeping bag, carrying mat, tent, kitchen and dinning tent
- Surface transfer from Dehradun – Sankri – Dehradun Sumo/Max/ Bolero and Tempo Traveller
- Note: The accommodation will be separate for male and females
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals during transit.
- Fees and permit for Non-Indian residence are excluded.
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag.
- Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Unscheduled stay due to a landslide.
- Cost Escalation due to “Force Majeure” and evacuation charges
Backpack Offloading Cost:
If the payment made in advance through Paytm/online, then the charges for per bag will be Rs. 1500/- for the entire program. If the payment made in ground through cash, then the charges for per bag will be Rs. 1800/- for the entire program. The backpack cannot weight more than 10 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcase/Strolley Bags will not be allowed.
Things to carry:
- Poncho, Rain Coat or Umbrella any one is must
- Backpack (Min 55 Ltrs)
- Floaters or Sandals
- Trekking Shoes
- 2 Pairs of Quick Dry Tees and Track Pants
- 3 Pair of Socks
- 2 pairs of woolen socks
- 2 Full Sleeve Sweater or Fleece Jacket
- One down feather Jacket
- Sun Cap
- One Scarf
- Light towel
- Lip Balm
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+)
- Water Bottle 1 Lt
- Headlamp or torch with fresh pair of batteries
- Personal Toilet Kit and toilet paper
- Personal Medicine Kit
- Dark Sunglasses
- Trekking Pole
On day 2, we will begin our journey to Taluka right at 8 am after a hot and nourishing breakfast at Sankri. This short 1 hour drive through thick forests following small streams will introduce us to the terrain of our trek closely. Reaching Taluka, a small village, we will start our trek around 9 am. The first interval on today’s trek is a descent to the banks of the beautiful streams and then the trail enters thick forests which end upon reaching the first cemented bridge. Crossing a small river, the trek route leads up to a wooden bridge with a slight slope that goes down to the river. Here you can fill your bottle and move ahead. At around 2 in the afternoon, we reach the rest point for lunch by the Supin stream that we crossed before. Moving ahead, we encounter numerous harvest fields of potato, millet, and maize thoughout the way. We arrive at Pauni Garaat a little late in the afternoon as the Sun goes down—this our first campsite.