Duration : 05 Days
Difficulty : Easy / Moderate
Start / Finish : Manali
Nearest Town: Manali
Day 01: Assemble Time & Point will be 11:00 A.M at Manali Mall Road, near SBI ATM, opposite Chopstick Restaurant near Govt. Bus stand.
Day 05: Drop-off Time and Point will be 05:00 P.M. at Manali Mall Road, near SBI ATM, opposite Chopstick Restaurant near Govt. Bus stand.
The Hampta Pass Trek is one of the most delightful treks in the Manali region of Himachal Pradesh. Hampta Pass Trek is a moderate trek with a scope for varying the duration to suit ones time. The beauty of this trek everyday the landscape changes. You start the trek in thick forest and then enter in open valleys with lush green cover of grass then the tree line stops and you cross to Hampta Pass and enter the barren landscape of Lahaul & Spiti and visit to Chandratal lake is icing on the cake. Hampta Pass Trek takes us over the majestic foothills of the Himalayas, the Pir Panjal Range, crossing at Hampta Pass (14100 Ft.)
What is included in the tour
- 04 Night Tented Accommodation on triple sharing basis.
- All Veg Meals from Lunch on Day 1st to Breakfast on Day 5th.
- Morning, evening tea served with light snacks while on Trek.
- All fees and permits for Indians residence.
- Basic First Aid Medical kits with Oxygen cylinder and Oximeter.
- Qualified and experienced Leader and support staff.
- All surface transfers from Manali - Manali (As per the Itinerary).
- Note: The accommodation will be separate for male and females.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any Meals during Transit.
- Fees and permit for Non-Indian residence.
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag
- Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Unscheduled stay due to land slide.
- Cost Escalation due to "Force Majeure" and evacuation charges.
- GST @ 5%
Backpack Offloading Cost:
- If the payment made in advance through Paytm/online, then the charges for per bag will be Rs. 1200/- for the entire program.
- If the payment made in ground through cash, then the charges for per bag will be Rs. 1500/- for the entire program.
- The backpack cannot weight more than 10 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcase/Strolley Bags will not be allowed.
Day 01: Manali – Jobra (1hr drive ) – Chika ( 4 Kms)
Arrival assistance We will meet at Manali Bus stand and then we will drive from Manali (6000 ft) to Jobra and after briefing session we start our trek to Chika (10100 ft) our today’s camp. Today’s trek is a 2 hour easy ascent from 9700 ft to 10,400 ft through thick forest and crossing small bridge. While trekking we can see the Rani river on one side and a big rocky hill on the other. The trek passes through some of the most spectacular landscape. Overnight camp at Chika.
Day 02 : Chika – Balu ka Ghera (5 hrs)
The second day trek is a gradual ascent. While trekking we will be able to see the spectacular Dhauladhar range in the background and Indrasan peak in front. The best part of today’s trek that we have to cross two rivers one at the start just near to Chikka Campsite and other at Jwara Nala. We will have our packed lunch after crossing the jwara nala.
Day 03: Balu ka Ghera - Siagoru
This is the most spectacular part of the trek as we cross the Hampta Pass and then descend to our camp site in Siagoru. From Hampta Pass you can see the Indrasan Peak and its gigantic glacier.Today’s trek will take us approximately 8hrs to reach Siagoru. The ascent on this part of the Hampta Pass trek will be moderate.
Day 04: Siagoru – Chatru – Chandra Tal ( 3 hrs drive)- Chatru
This day we have an easy descent through the Hampta Valley. The massive mountains of the Pir Panjal and Spiti ranges dominate the entire landscape till the camp site at Chatru. Chatru is a confluence point of paths from Rohtang Pass, Hamta Pass and Spiti. From Chatru if road and weather condition permit we head to the Chandra Tal and back to the Chatru for camping . Chandra Taal (meaning the Lake of the Moon), or Chandra Tal, is situated at an altitude of about 4,300 metres (14,100 ft) in the Himalayas. Mountains of scree overlook the lake on one side, and a magnificent cirque presents a view on the other. The name of the lake originates from its crescent shape.
Day 05: Chatru – Manali (Via Rohtang Pass 4-5 hrs drive)
In the morning after breakfast we leave for Manali via the Rohtang Pass. Our wonderful experience of trekking in Himachal ends.