One of the best day hikes in Uttarakhand, the trail to Tungnath Mandir (3680m) and Chandrashila Peak (4000m) features a sacred Panch Kedar temple and a stunning Himalayan panorama.
The trail starts at Chopta, a small village with no electricity, which is found on the winding road between Chamoli (south of Joshimath) and Kund (south of Gaurikund). A well-paved path switchback 3.5km uphill, gaining 750m in elevation, to Tungnath, the highest Shiva temple in the world. A dirt trail continues 1.5km further to the top of Chandrashila.
From the summit, the Garhwali and Kumaoni Himalaya stretch out before you, with awesome vistas of major mountains including Nanda Devi, Trishul, and the Kedarnath group. Start early before the clouds move in, or head up in the afternoon, stay at one of the spartan guest houses around Tungnath and hit Chandrashila for sunrise.
For years, Shivpuri, 19km from Rishikesh, was just a quiet place with white sandy banks and pebble beaches. Two decades ago, some adventurists discovered the thrill of riding the rapids of the icy Ganga here. The rest is history. Add to the river experience the surrounding forests and web of hiking trails – not to mention sunbathing and bonfire nights and you have a destination that many returns to repeatedly.
Rafting down the white-water rapids is not as scary as it sounds. The rubber raft usually seats eight people, and you are safer than you can imagine with life jackets, crash helmets, and very experienced guides to accompany you. Rapids range from 1 to 5 in the degree of difficulty, but as enthusiasts of the sport like to say – no two raft rides are ever the same.
What is included in the tour
- Entire Travel as per itinerary in an AC Vehicle
- Accommodation for 2 Nights in camps at Chopta and 1 Night in Rishikesh (on Triple or Quad sharing)
- 2 Meals on Day 1 ( B+D), 3 Meals on Day 2 (B + Packed Lunch +D), 2 Meals on Day 3 (B+D), 1 Meal on Day 4(B)
- Cost of rafting at Rishikesh
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other food and beverage charge
- Anything else which is not mentioned in the inclusions
- GST @ 5%
Day 1: Arrival at Chopta & Acclimatization
- Start your trip from Delhi by 9 pm.
- Pit stop at Devprayag.
- Breakfast stop at Srinagar.
- Reach Chopta by afternoon and check in to the camps.
- You could go for the Baniyakund Trek if you are up for it
- Retreat for the night post Dinner
Day 2: Trek: Tungnath & Chandrashila
- Start your trek to Tungnath post an early breakfast
- Reach Tungnath & pay your respects at the highest abode of Lord Shiva.
- Start your journey to the Chandrashila peak post Lunch
- Retreat to the campsite by evening
- Dinner & sleep overnight.
Day 3: Trek: Deoria Taal | Rishikesh
- Head to Sari Village - Starting point for Deoria Tal Trek - post Breakfast
- Start the trek to Deoria Tal.
- Reach Deoria Tal & enjoy the view
- Trek back & start the drive to Rishikesh to reach the campsite
- Check-in to the camps and relax for the evening.
Day 4: River Rafting | Cafe Hopping | Departure
- Post breakfast we go for White Water Rafting, Cliff-jumping, and Body surfing
- Explore the local market and the cafes
- Departure for Delhi to reach by next morning.
NOTE: Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of participants etc. May cause itinerary change. We reserve the rights to change any schedule in the interest of safety, comfort and general wellbeing.