Bhrigu Lake is located at an elevation of around 4,300 metres (14,100 ft) in Kullu district, Himachal Pradesh, India.It is located to the east of the Rohtang Pass and is around 14 kilometres from Gulaba village. The lake can be reached by trek from Gulaba village. The lake is named after Maharishi Bhrigu, one of the seven great sages (Saptarshis).
Location: Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Height: 14,100 feet
Pick Up/Drop: Manali
- Stay for male and female are separate throughout the program.
- Medical certificate, duly signed by MBBS doctor, is mandatory for participating in all the events.
- Participation in any of the Himalayan trekking program requires a level of fitness. One who is participating in any of such events should do a minimum of two weeks of preparation.
- Trekking shoes are compulsory.
- Participants should check “Things to Carry list” which includes all personal clothing and other trekking accessories.
- Smoking and drinking are strictly prohibited.
- Buying drugs or any illegal material is strictly prohibited. The participant found in possession of any of such items will be detained and handed over to government authority.
- Instructions from Guide should be strictly followed.
What is included in the tour
- Stay (Tent stay)
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, Dinner)
- Professional guide
- Forest permit
- Personal Insurance
- Rucksack (65 litres) with cover
- Plate and Mug
- Trekking stick and Gaiters
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cost of Emergency
- Personal Porter Charges
- Bottled water
- Any personal expense
Day 1: Reporting at Rumsu base camp and Acclimatization walk.
Get down at Patlikuhal (20 km after Kullu and 20 km before Manali). Transport options are readily available from Patlikuhal to Rumsu camp. All the participants should report at Rumsu base camp by 8 AM and will undergo the registration process. Freshening up and breakfast will happen at the base camp. Post breakfast we will go for an acclimatization walk. Lunch at 1 PM. Post lunch orientation. Orientation will cover all the general instructions that could be helpful for the trek like backpacking, marching technique and medical awareness. Post snacks we will have an ice-breaking session. Overnight stay at Rumsu base camp.
Day 2: Drive to Gulaba and trek to Rohlikohli.
After morning breakfast we will start with a beautiful jeep ride to Gulaba. The trek commences from Gulaba towards Rohlikohli campsite. The 5 to 6 hours ascend till Rohlikohli is moderate. There are two streams on the route towards the campsite (Chor Nallah and Kohli Nallah). Rohli Kohli is a beautiful campsite and offers amazing views of Solang Valley. Overnight camp at Rohli Kohli.
Day 3: Trek to Bhrigu Lake
Trek commences early in the morning by 7 am after breakfast, for Bhrigu Lake. It takes around 4 hours to reach to Bhrigu Lake. Packed lunch will be done at Bhrigu Lake. Care should be taken that no littering happens over here. As per the myths, Rishi Bhrigu meditated here and used to take bath in the holy water. We will then start for the descend to Rohlikohli campsite. Overnight stay in tents at the Rohlikohli camp site.
Day 4: Descend to Gulaba and Departure from Manali
We will start with descending this morning for Gulaba. The descent is easy and takes around 3-4 hours. Departure will be given at 4 PM from Manali.