Program Duration: 3 days
Difficulty: Easy / Moderate
Nearest Town: Manali
Beas Kund is one of the best weekend treks in Manali. The beautiful alpine lake is situated at an altitude of 13,120 feet. It is a short trek but it is full of stunning views of glaciers and snow clad peaks. It offers the panoramic views of the famous Hanuman Tibba, Indrasan peak, Friendship peak, Shitidhar peak and Ladakhi peak. It is recommended for all
beginners and as well as the experienced trekkers who want to spend their weekend away from the hustle bustle of Manali.
What is included in the tour
- All Veg meals from the first day's lunch to the third day's breakfast
- Tented Accommodation during the trek on sharing basis
- First aid medical kits with Oxygen cylinder and Oxi-meter
- Qualified and experienced Trek guides and support staff
- All necessary fees and permits
- Morning / Evening Tea – Coffee with light snacks during the trek
- Surface transfer from Manali - Manali
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meal during transit
- Cost Escalation due to any natural circumstance
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag
- Unscheduled stay due to any natural calamity
- Expenses of any personal nature
Day 1: Manali – Dhundi – Bakarthach (1 hr drive / 5 km trek)
We will meet at SBI ATM (Mall Road Govt Bus Stand) at 9:00 AM and start the short drive to Solang, and start the trek to Dhundi Village, a small village along the Beas River. Trek from Dhundi to Bakarthach and reach the beautiful campsite by early afternoon and enjoy the majestic views.
Day 2: Bakarthach – Beas Kund – Bakarthach (6 km / 4 hr)
Witness some of the most stunning views of the hanging glaciers during the trek today from Bakarthach to Beas Kund. Bakarthach is a high altitude shepherd field. After trekking for around 4 to 5 hours through snow and boulders we get the first view of the sacred lake of Beaskund, the source of the river Beas. Beas Kund Trek gives amazing views of trekking peaks of Ladakhi Peak, Friendship Peak and Shitidhar Peak.
Day 3: Bakarthach – Dhundi – Manali (5kms trek / 1 hr drive)
We trek back from Bakarthach to Dhundi and drive back to Manali.