Area: Himachal Pradesh
Best Season: Mid June - Mid October
Altitude: 5090 mts/16700ft
Total Trekking: 60 K.M
One of the most beautiful yet unexplored treks, the Kugti Pass trek in Himachal Pradesh takes you to a daunting altitude of 16,600 ft. Frequently used by the Gaddi tribes to cross over to Lahaul and Spiti valleys to graze their flocks, Kugti Pass proves to be a perfect gateway. A strenuous climb with difficult terrains and slippery paths, makes this trek one of the most challenging treks in the Central Himalayan ranges. An experience in high altitude trekking is a must before venturing on this intimidating trek.
Commencing from the bustling town of Bharmour near Chamba, the winding trails of the trek navigate through dense forests of pine and deodar, emerald green meadows, vast stretches of apple and peach orchards, gushing waterfalls and shimmering water streams.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in Hotels on double /triple /four sharing Basis and Luxury water proof tents / Dormitory Tents with sleeping bags / bedding for outdoor as per package selected.
- All Meals (Indian and Continental) i.e. Bed Tea, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner during stay in Hotel & during trek from Bharmour to Manimahesh and back.
- Assistance upon arrival at reception point.
- Inner line Permit to restricted / protected areas of Himachal Pradesh.
- Transportation by taxi / Bus from reception to departure place.
- English, Hindi Speaking Professional tour guide during trek.
- Rescuer cum Basic instructor & supporting staff.
- Cook, Porter & Ponies to carry camping materials.
- Driver allowance, toll charge, state govt. taxes
- Basic first aid kit carried by our tour guide.
- Separate Utility for Tour Guide & supporting Staff
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any fare before reception & after departure.
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Ordered
- Monument, Temple & Museum Entrance Fees
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices included”.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, and Internet services, Phone Calls etc.
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral water, Aerated, Starters)
- Porter / Ponies services for Travelers personal luggage
Day – 01 Reception at Pathankot / Pathankot Cantt and Journey to Bharmour
After reception at Pathankot start journey to Bharmour. Enroute stop to get fresh and take lunch. A journey of 7-8 hrs will reach you ancient town Bharmour. Check into Hotel/Camp.
Day – 02 Bharmour – Bharmani Temple - Bharmour
After Breakfast start a small trek to Bharmani temple to acclimatize the body & soul. Lunch will be served at Bharmani temple. After lunch return back to Bharmour. In evening visit Chaurasi temples and take part in Aarti.
Day – 03 Bharmour - Hadsar – Kugti - Dughi
After Breakfast pack your backs and start journey to Kugti village. Reach Kugti village by taxi & trek to Kartik temple then to final destination of the day Dughi. After reaching check into camp and then take lunch.
Day – 04 Dughi – Kugti Pass Base Camp
After Breakfast start trek to Kugti Pass Base camp, a trek of 4-5 hrs will reach you the base camp. After reaching check into camp and then take lunch and enjoy in the snow.
Day – 05 Kugti Pass Base Camp – Dughi
After spending a memorable day in snow at base camp return back to Dughi. After reaching check into camp and then take lunch and enjoy in the snow.
Day – 06 Dughi – Kugti – Bharmour
After Breakfast return back to Kugti village then take taxi to Bharmour. After reaching Bharmour check into hotel and take lunch. In evening, visit local market.
Day – 07 Bharmour - Dalhousie
After Breakfast start journey to Khajiyar (The Mini Switzerland Of Himachal) then to Dalhousie a small hill station. After reaching Dalhousie cheek into hotel and In Evening visit local market of Dalhousie.
Day – 08 Dalhousie – Pathankot & tour ends here
After spending a week in the Himalaya now it’s time to say good bye so take Breakfast start journey to Pathankot. After reaching Pathankot board to home destination and tour ends here